About Me

My photo
Life is tough. Nuns are tougher.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Behave Yourself

I hope you all always read the comments section.  Our readers are knowledgeable and helpful, compassionate and stern.  And they have great ideas!

I was just at Heaven Help Us. Are there no more "be Good" coasters? And could you make a "Be Good" medallion in glass?


And, related to this blog, maybe a "Just Let It Go" or "Offer It UP" medallion would be good.

To back up a bit, one of our best selling items was some little coasters we made that said "Behave Yourself" on them.  We also made mouse pads with that image and one that said "Offer it up!"

They were rather hard to make and we always had to wait on supplies and ruin materials.  Instead of offering all that up, we threw up our hands. 

But a glass "Behave Yourself" pendant?  Hallelujah! Yes!  And thanks so much for the great idea!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that really you in the picture?

Lisa said...

I remember that picture from a postcard in the 1980's, so I have always thought of it as a persona of Sister, rather than a portrait. Sister's actual appearance is ...a mystery.

elfin said...

I never thought that picture was really SMM. (I saw it some years ago).

No offense intended, but who cares if that is REALLY SMM in the picture? I don't care if she is a nun, a Sister, or none of the above. I wouldn't even care if she wasn't Catholic. SMM writes an informative,intelligent, funny blog that I love to read every week.
God speaks through her. In her patience and long-suffering, (yes. Long suffering.) she answers questions firmly, lovingly, always with God in lead. And she answers them over and over and over, worded so many ways it has to be, at times, mind-boggling, frustation,inconvenience, doubters, argumentative folks, confusion, and an opinion from all.

So, God bless you, Sister! No matter what you look like, sound like. Whether you are a nun or not, no matter. God must love you tremendously.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Mary Martha, I have been recently diagnosed with OCD. Are there any saints you recommend? I know St. Dymphna is the patron saint of mental illness, but I thought it would be nice to know if there were a saint who personally went through that sort of pain. While putting a name to my psychological struggle has helped me some, I need all the help I can get. God bless.

dre said...

For anonymous: St. Alphonsus Liguori is the patron saint of those suffering from scrupulosity, which is a form of OCD. If you do a web search, you'll find all kinds of information, including publications, that give a Catholic view of this illness. My daughter suffers from OCD and was very fortunate to have a confessor who was knowledgeable (from personal experience) about this illness. It was a great help to her. She is doing very well now (10+ years after her diagnosis), so there is hope! Also check out the OCFoundation website--tons of great information there.

Anonymous said...

I was just asking, because I was curious. I didn't know, that's all. I love Sister Mary Martha, too. Have a great day.

Claudia said...

What I would buy, if I found it, would be a button that says "It is alright to wish me a Merry Christmas."

There may be a market for it.