About Me

My photo
Life is tough. Nuns are tougher.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Congratulations to Everyone!

Since it's Mother's Day and all, I thought we should have some cheery news!  
On top of that, it's news in which you all had a personal hand. Doesn't that make it even better. Although, I'm not sure how it could get better.


Hi SMM, I don't know if you remember, but awhile back (months), I had posted a cry of help on here. My husband and I were out of jobs, illness, depression, the whole drama was happening, and I had nowhere to go anymore. I posted, and the very next day, you re-posted, and gave me that hope I needed. You even created a prayer circle, and all the kind comments from everyone, it was just more than anything I could have hoped for. I would not be exaggerating if I said that we were in a very bad place, and I felt so crushed suicide flitted in and out of my thoughts. Well here we are months later, thankfully alive, we both have employment, were both doing so much better health wise, and were working hard to erase the debt we accumulated. Thanks to you, your readers, you gave me a ray of sunshine which gave me the hope and strength to carry on just a little bit further, and the devil did not get my soul that night. Every night since, I've prayed for you, and thanked God Almighty for showing me your blog, and for the kindness in other people. Thank you, Sister Mary Martha, for the good you bring to us.

I'm just the mailbox. I'm so very glad for you. I knew everything would turn out fine as soon as our readers rallied to the battlements. I never had a moments doubt.

I remember the original post. I remember where I was when the hour came. I was in a train station in Chicago! I was watching the clock for my train when I realized what else the clock was telling me.

And just to refresh everyone's memory and so you can see all the comments, HERE YOU GO

So our "experiment" worked. As if we ever had any doubt. And thank you! I can always use your prayers, too.

3 comments:

Socasiren said...

Dear Sister,
I have never posted before, but enjoy reading your blog. This story came at just the right time to offer me some hope, being in a similar position. Good luck to the lady and her family, and thanks for the praying WITH term, I love it!

Disciple Chic said...

Wonderful example of the power of prayer! Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Praise God. I am so happy for you! He is most wonderfully merciful!

May He continue to bless you and your family with health, prosperity, and happiness. :-)