About Me

My photo
Life is tough. Nuns are tougher.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

It's the Heat

I thought I should probably write a little something today, but my mind is a blank. As I sat down to try anyhow, I said a little prayer that maybe someone had left a question and I could just answer it and feel like I've accomplished my goal. I opened up the blog and there was this:

Thank you so much for your post answering my question sister. Next question if you are up for it :) What did Jesus mean when he said: "Ask and you shall receive." Was he talking about spiritual gifts?

Ironic.

Yes, he was talking about spiritual gifts.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sister,
I can relate to writer's block, however, I have a question that has been confusing me for a little bit now.

I have started a couple of novenas to ask St. Cajetan and St. Joseph to pray with me for a particular job I was trying to get. (Lots of benefits, including walking distance from home.)

Well, these prayers were answered, right in the middle of the novena (4 days in). Answered with a "No," but that is besides the main point. If your Novena is answered in the middle of your prayer, what do you do? I just switched the wording so I am not really asking something, but telling those saints "Thank you" for their intercession. Is there a more proper way to go about this?

(Oh by the way, Blessed John Francis Burte and Companions have this day, and I believe they had 370 feet all told.)

Thank you, Sister,
Tori

Morgan said...

Sister,
Thank you for this wonderful blog. I have learned a lot from reading! My fiance and I have just started the conversion process. We were both raised by atheists, so we have a lot to learn and far to go. We've been together for 7 years and have a 5 month old born out of wedlock. Although this is of course not ideal, it's our starting point. Do you recommend we marry quickly in a courthouse or that we finish our conversion and marry through the church next year?

Katney said...

Sister, how about weighing in on the Pope's call for a day of prayer and fasting for peace this Saturday. Your blog is a good place to spread the word.

Anonymous said...

Sister Mary Martha, if you know that someone is deliberately sinning against you, or you're family, and yet, it's almost like there's no harm meant, what would you say God would want you to do?