About Me

My photo
Life is tough. Nuns are tougher.

Monday, January 13, 2014

A Bushel and a Peck and a Hug Around the Neck

 I, too, am looking for a Patron Saint, that is I found this blog. I am single, in my 50's and have a passion for learning, have trouble forgiving (and this bothers me) love music and am taking violin lessons, am seeking a job that I can live on and support my mom on with some luxuries (her art- my music) and be there for her as she ages. Please Pray that a Saint reveals themselves to me and that I find such a job soon.

That's a lotta patronage needs there. Is there a one stop shopping saint for you?  I think so.

Or you can turn to a pack of saints. For example:

St. Thomas Aquinas or St. Albert the Great for a love of learning.  Albert the Great was particularly great in terms of a passion for learning..

The patron saint of music is St. Cecilia, although she has never really been my pick, since she actually had nothing to do with music. Better she would be the patron saint of indoor plumbing and chastity.

I've always thought that Pope John Paul II would make a great patron saint for job seekers, as he had a job he loved for a very long time. St. John of God is another interesting choice. He was a jack of all trades, master of none type until he found his true calling.

And for living to a ripe old age and having a fine life of it at that, St. Raymond of Pinafort lived to be one hundred. He was very busy the whole time being a saint.

I'm sure this group would pitch in and pray for you.

But if you're looking for just one saint to cover all your patron saintly needs, may I suggest St. Hildegarde of Bergen. She is quite the learned, learning loving, musically gifted, disciplined to the point of finger wagging woman the Church has seen for a while. So much so that she became the fourth woman to be named a Doctor of the Church.

Check back with us and let us know how it goes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't St. Hildegarde of Bingen, not Bergen? :-)

Anonymous said...

OK, I have to ask - if St Cecilia should be the saint for indoor plumbing, who should be the saint for outhouses??

Yes, Sister, I'll go stand in the corner...

Susan

dmhnj said...

Hi Sister,

I just wanted to let you know that my daughter who is preparing for confirmation this year has ADHD. She found your answer about St. John of God and decided to pick him as her confirmation name. This put her traditional teacher and religion education coordinator into a bit of a tizzy but eventually they couldn't come up with any reason to tell her no other than girls usually pick girl names. The funny thing is that I read you all the time and she found you all on her own but I recognized the story when I heard it.
Thanks for providing inspiration.
D

andi said...

Dear Sister,,,thank you so much. St Flavian is the Saint of the day- but I don't know much about him.

I am going to start praying to all of these and pray that one chooses me. :)