About Me

My photo
Life is tough. Nuns are tougher.

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

On the Case

Hi Sister! I blog over at thouartjules.com and just received word that my annulment has been granted and am scheduled for the Rite of Reception on Nov 21 (my birthday!)

I'm so excited and did not think this day would ever come! Now I need to chose a confirmation name. Do you have any tips or suggestions?

We better get on this!  November 21st is just around the corner!

We don't know you from Adam, so we can't make any good suggestions. But we can give you some Confirmation name pointers.

 
Here's how everyone else does it:

1. Pick the name of a beloved relative, living or dead.

2. Pick the name of a saint that will help them do battle.  St. Sebastian, St. Michael the Archangel (recent angel flap not withstanding), St. Joan of Arc, St. Ignatius Loyola, St. Thomas More, etc.

These are battle saints and you are about to become a Soldier of Christ.

Congratulations! by the way. We're so pleased.

3. Pick a saint that has something to do with you.
    a.  your job and/or hobbies.
    b.  an area in which you need special help
    c. a saint who understands your weaknesses.


I think that about covers it.  We'll be happy to match you up if you tell us a little more about yourself. 

Unless, of course, you're content to go with St. Monica after dear old Aunt Monica or something along those lines.  That's lovely, too.

3 comments:

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

Welcome to the party! Here are a couple of additional ideas for a patron:
Take the name of a saint whose feast day is the day of your reception. Normally the feast for 11/21 is The Presentation in the Temple of the Blessed Virgin Mary (and you can't get much higher on the saints list than her!). However, this year the 21st is the Solemnity of Christ the King. During the persecution of the Church in Mexico the cry of the martyrs was "Viva Cristo Rey!" (Hurray for Christ the King! in Spanish) so any of the Mexican Martyr saints would be good (Bl. Miguel Pro, SJ's feast is on 11/23, my birthday).

Thou Art Jules said...

Thank you!

Lets see...
I am a wife and mother. I have 4 children now (we recently received custody of my sons 14 yr old lifetime friend!)

I have been in and out of RCIA for 6 years. Yes sadly, 6 years!

A little over a year ago I left my dream job (along with the paycheck, insurance and 401k) due to a sudden and crushing bout with Anxiety and Panic disorder.

I love children and I love animals. I cannot bare to see them hurt, hungry or mistreated.

I love to read and regularly do book reviews for various publishers.

I still feel like I don't know what the heck I am doing spiritually but I do know that the Catholic Church is where my heart is.

Other than that, my bio says that I am a self proclaimed small town girl, I can wire a three way switch, find a leak in a radiator, wire a phone line but still cry at a sappy movie and take in stray kitties :-)

Kimberly St.Clare said...

Just a thought . .

Mary Francis

Mary, as suggested above, for her presentation; Francis because he shares your love for animals and children.